August 25, 2008

Gocco-love


gocco love, originally uploaded by Rachael H.

Wheee!! I made my first prints with my Gocco machine. I wanted a Gocco for so long and I was so happy when my husband gifted me one last Christmas - yes it's been around for 8 months already. :o

Then for silly reasons I stalled in actually using it... wanting my first print to be something spectacular, intimidating mysef in thinking that the whole printing process would be very complicated, telling myself that the house temperature was never ideal (too cool in the winter / too hot this summer), yada yada...

So today, on a whim I decided it was time to print some cards. I used my simple 'love' doodle that I did a couple weeks ago. I only wanted to use black ink and I thought this simple illustration would reproduce well and i'm super pleased with the results. I may add some hints of colour by hand - still trying to decide. I guess my only regret is that it took me this long to finally get my act together and give it a go. It was so much fun!

10 comments:

Tina said...

Nice job. Gocco-ing is so exciting. If you do decide to add color, I think it will look really good.

Christy said...

That looks so exciting! I can't wait to see more of your creative projects w with the Gocco.

juliekintaiwan said...

They look fabulous. Are you stocking up on inks? I've heard they're discontinuing.

tania said...

ooh! super cute!! i want a gocoo now too-
:)

Hazel said...

Looks like great fun! There's no stopping you now :)
Your cards are wonderful.
I would love to have a go myself one day.

french panic said...

thank you - thank you for validating my own procrastination problems and letting me know I'm not the only one who does silly things like this.

I do things like this all the time - get a cool gadget and then it takes FOREVER for me to use it. I'm working on a blog post about my problem with procrastinating everything, including pleasure.

But I'm procrastinating about writing it.

KARA said...

they are fab, like you I have wanted a Gocco for so long, not yet got one. But I would be like this too scared to use too
Kara
x

jaelle said...

wow, they look great! i've wanted to try goccoo-ing for a while now but have never taken the leap...

jenscloset said...

Such an adorable blog you have!

double-sidedtape said...

nice job! I had mine for about a year until I got the guts to use it. It's an intimidating little piece of equipment! Check out my first project here...
http://double-sidedtape.blogspot.com/2008/12/loco-for-gocco.html