July 23, 2008

the secret lives of mushrooms


the secret lives of mushrooms, originally uploaded by Rachael H.

To my delight I found a bunch of toadstools this morning in the far end of our yard. I only went back there to look for the cat that's been hanging around our yard lately.

This morning I saw the kitty (after hearing tiny squeels) with what looked like a small bird in it's mouth. It ran off with it when I went out to investigate. Maybe my backyard with it's busy bird feeder makes for easy hunting? I hope not... Oh well, these happy little mushrooms were the good that came out of it all. :)

6 comments:

ittybittybirdy said...

LOVE surprises like that. He's a cutie

Ruth said...

I don't like mushrooms too eat, but he is so cute I could just gobble him up - in a nice way lol :)

Christy said...

what a cute mr. mushroom! love his rosey cheeks! :)

Laura Marie said...

Don't you just want to carry that smile around with you and give it to every sad person you see? although that might just be me...

That must be the cutest mushroom i have ever seen...i love it when a bad situation (the poor bird) causes such a sweet outcome.

Hazel said...

Very cute mushroom, she looks a little embarrassed to be discovered at the bottom of your garden.
Naughty kitty, hope it stays away from your bird feeder.
I mentioned you on my blog yesterday, if you want see my poor attempt at drawing cute faces on veggies :D

jasen said...

Love the secret lives of mushrooms.. so cutie mushroom. thumb up!!