April 11, 2008

Book Tagged

Christy has tagged me and I have decided to play along since I am actually reading a book... The book tag rules are as follows: Pick up a book of at least 123 pages, Open the book to page 123, Find the fifth sentence, Post the next three sentences, & then tag five people to do the same.

Currently i'm reading Radical Simplicity by Dan Price - Here are the 3 lines from it:

"We were wondering why all these dingy little shacks that were built in the 20's and 30's are so expensive. When you think about it, all those boards and shingles and glass and doors and wiring and plumbing pipes are very old and were paid for years and years ago. Certainly they all had a worth when they were brand new."

That's it. Out of context it isn't a very thought provoking passage - but the book is really great and has got me thinking about "home", how I choose to live, and how I could be living more simply. Ok, now i'm tagging anyone who might be reading and would like to participate! :)

2 comments:

jek-a-go-go said...

i used this book for my research paper! loved it...so interesting and simple...yay!

Christy said...

Hi rachael!

Thanks for joining the book tag!

That's such a wonderful quote from a wondeful book. Those words resonate in an age where everything is complicated. Yes, simplicity is it.

Blessings and joy!