December 05, 2006

Button Wreath Ornament


Because she knew I would love them (and I do) Hagit sent me this link to make mini wreath ornaments out of buttons. This little project calls for 72 buttons!! Hagit joked that this probably isn't a big deal for Martha, but for me I find it difficult to part with so many of my buttons to make a single ornament. So I improvised and 24 buttons later this is what I came up with. I cut out a paper ring and glued the buttons to it (back to back so it still looks pretty from either side), added a little bow and volia! I know it's not very wreath-like in pink & red but I know a sweet little one who will be celebrating her first Christmas and thought it would be perfect for her.

10 comments:

black said...

I totally dig the colours!

(You are right. Martha does not feel the pinch of 72 buttons but we do.)

-blackbiscuits

V@chu said...

=) it's Rachael 100%! :)

Teresa said...

Yours is a lot a nicer! It+s indeed very Rachael and just wonderful :)

ellia said...

i think it turned out really pretty!!! great lil gifts too for people :)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Just saw this on Making It Perfect little wreath round up. It's darling.

Gizele Oliveira said...

Super original essa guirlanda

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this idea. I was going to try Martha's idea, but you are right about the amount of buttons. Plus, I think your ornaments are a lot cuter!

Beth said...

Someone posted this on facebook...love it and plan to do it with my niece!

Anonymous said...

Simple is better. I know a little girl who would love to make this for her grandparents. Thanks! Will do.

Janice said...

This would be great use of granny's old buttons, grandpa's shirt buttons, baby, etc.... to remember them each year at Christmas time........Thanks for posting your lovely wreath.... can't wait to make some for family...